This journal is packed with notes on the development processes applied towards submission of the final assessment task.
The premise from the Photo Essay studies is images in a story should
- create comparison, contrast, drama, narrative, or a sense of action;
- words to add details that the images alone cannot communicate; and,
the principle from Photography and Social Media studies is a theme should have in common
- design and composition – repetition, texture, colour or leading lines.
- subject matter – urban landscape, nature, portrait, family and pets or commercial.
- technical – monochrome, black and white, shallow depth of field.
- creative – abstract or manipulated.
I’ve been torn between the concepts and photographed diligently to build an archive for both in this blog journal.
I’ve decided on theme and to deconstruct a building whose purpose is to display works of art, in order to show it as a work of art itself.
Using elements of space and shapes and effect of light on them, I created a series from my curiosity, patience and considered viewing of the National Gallery of Australia.
I really hope it ”communicates visually and verbally on social media platforms,” and shows I can “share images more confidently with others using digital tools.”